Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am currently waiting for my PhD thesis to be examined, it can only be a matter of a few weeks. However, my student visa expires on the 31st of October. Since for the skills assessment I need the PhD granted I can only apply for the sponsored visa once the PhD is awarded and VETASSESS has approved it as a skill. My question now is if there is a way to stay in the country and wait for the thesis examination without going for a new student visa? Some sort of bridging? Or could my employer submit the visa application pending the skills assessment?
cheers

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
In the first instance I would approach Immi for they may be able to grant an extension to cover having an examination and award etc.
Failing that you would have to look at your options re staying longer legally and also with a No Further Stay condition but do not go applying for a visa if you are not eligible for whilst a bridging visa may be granted, if you are ineligible, that will be seen rather quickly and the visa rejected so you'll just complicate the situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.