Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm currently in the preliminary stages of applying for the 309 (read: still figuring out what to do!)

At this stage, I've got 2 questions. Would be very grateful if anyone can help answer them:

1. According to the government website, 70% of applications are processed within 21 months. I'm sure this is the long end of the wait, but how long is the average? (Basically, how long can I reasonably expect to wait)?

2. I remember researching this visa about a year ago and discovering that once the 309 has been accepted, I'd need to travel to Aus within 3 months. Now I can't find this information. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi there,

1. According to the government website, 70% of applications are processed within 21 months. I'm sure this is the long end of the wait, but how long is the average? (Basically, how long can I reasonably expect to wait)?

2. I remember researching this visa about a year ago and discovering that once the 309 has been accepted, I'd need to travel to Aus within 3 months. Now I can't find this information. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks in advance! :)
1. that is the average you are seeing on the website (apparently). Many visas have been granted much sooner (UK and Canada had many people posting 1-3 month wait times).
If you follow the timeline through washington DC there is a list of us who are currently still waiting, many are at 10-17 months. so the answer is that it really depends.
But with the wait times ballooning up to 21-26 months and all the possible changes coming down the pipeline, who really knows.

2. the only thing ive seen on this forum is that you need to enter australia while you have a valid AFP. However I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
1: processed within time -expect it to be 12-18 months, if it's quicker be pleasantly surprised - if it's longer then 18 months you're one of the unlucky ones.

2: enterby is tied to your police clearance and medicals, 12 months from time of completion.

Have you considered a work and holiday visa?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.