Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Applied for Permanent Residency for my husband we are wondering " What is the usual time given to enter Australia AFTER the visa is granted? " We have alot to do and a house to sell before we leave Canada :confused:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Applied for Permanent Residency for my husband we are wondering " What is the usual time given to enter Australia AFTER the visa is granted? " We have alot to do and a house to sell before we leave Canada :confused:
When a visa is granted the date you're given to enter by is usually the 12 months validity of your medicals, and that is why it is suggested people do not submit medicals and PCCs until requested to by a CO.

And also certainly weigh up economic conditions re selling of a house, ie. whilst you may get a good offer better than what you may expect it to be in the near or longer term future, also take into account that economic conditions will affect how long an application will take or whether it will be considered at all if it is of a lower priority occupation.
The exchange rates of currencies also go up and down as well, perhaps the Canadian $ being more closely tied to the greenback than the Aussie one, so that is also something to be aware of.

What many people do is make a validation trip for their visa, ie., once one is granted, rather than rush the emigration itself, they will take a visit trip so as the entry activates their visa and then it is good for entry for five years.

I'll move this to the Visas & Immigration section too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.