Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My first post, so hope someone can help.

My husband and I are looking into applying for an Oz visa (subclass 175 - skilled independent worker). We both qualify with scores of 125 each, under the new points system.

One question: we are unsure when we want to move. Is there a time limit after your visa has been granted (assuming, of course, if will be) that we must become resident in Australia?

In other words, if we applied today, visa is granted in 2011, must we move to Australia in 2011, or could we wait, say, until 2013?

Thanks, in advance...

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi all. My first post, so hope someone can help.

My husband and I are looking into applying for an Oz visa (subclass 175 - skilled independent worker). We both qualify with scores of 125 each, under the new points system.

One question: we are unsure when we want to move. Is there a time limit after your visa has been granted (assuming, of course, if will be) that we must become resident in Australia?

In other words, if we applied today, visa is granted in 2011, must we move to Australia in 2011, or could we wait, say, until 2013?

Thanks, in advance...
A latest enter by date given with a visa grant is usually based on 12 months validity of medical or police checks so it'll normally be a matter of months from time of grant.
What many people have been known to do when desiring a latter settlement arrival is to a validation trip, in effect having a short holiday to enter on the visa and it is then active.
If you're in no big rush, it may pay you to brush up on Australia and get an idea of which state you may want to think of and then see if either of your occupations is on a State Migration Plan for that will accord you higher priority, though they're yet to be released.
You'll find some priority information in releases on the What's New link via. Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration and have a look under 176 eligibility for States links - most having sponsorship applications closed whilst they finalise SMPs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.