Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I read on a blog somewhere that there's a time limit of 2 weeks for uploading documents after beggining the application, but a lawyer we visited (we only did a consultation) told us we can continue uploading documents until the day they hand down our decision... which is true? We may need to hussle it if we have only 2 weeks! Still waiting on a couple friends to return their stat decs.

Secondly, the sections for uploading documents in the immi website seems confusing. Where do we upload out personal statements about our relationship??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi all,

I read on a blog somewhere that there's a time limit of 2 weeks for uploading documents after beggining the application, but a lawyer we visited (we only did a consultation) told us we can continue uploading documents until the day they hand down our decision... which is true?
Lawyer or RMA?

As far as your question, I think it's best to have everything ready to upload at the time of applying, that's just my opinion though. We filled out the application, paid and then uploaded everything. But it took us a solid 6 months to have our evidence and uploads up to the standard we thought they should be before uploading. Glad we waited that long.

We may need to hussle it if we have only 2 weeks! Still waiting on a couple friends to return their stat decs.
As I said above, it's always good to have everything organized and ready prior to applying, but every application and every couple is different. What works for some may not work with others.

Also, I've read on here that the Department doesn't have to contact you if they feel something is missing. If they by chance got to your application today, they would see no evidence uploaded and could make a decision based upon your application today.

Secondly, the sections for uploading documents in the immi website seems confusing. Where do we upload out personal statements about our relationship??
We uploaded it under "Other" and described what we were uploading and the file name was a dead giveaway as to what the upload was. Having said that, I've also read on here that you can pretty much upload things anywhere and as long as they're clearly labeled, the case officer who assesses your application will get it either way.

Reactions: salmon1411

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You should make sure that all essential evidence is available to be uploaded straight after the application has been lodged. You can indeed continue to add evidence afterwards, but that evidence may not necessarily support your application, if it relates to events that took place after the application was lodged.

Reactions: salmon1411
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.