Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Australian citizen. I left my de facto partner in February to travel to Australia via UK where I am visiting relatives and friends. I will go to Australia in April and secure accommodation then when settled my partner will apply for a partner visa with me as the sponsor.

This will mean a break of 2 months in our cohabitation after 24 months of living together. We are in touch every day, almost all day long most days and will keep records of our conversations etc.

Is that 2 months separation acceptable?

Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
What matters is that any periods of separation are temporarily and that the relationship is ongoing.

Reactions: Ejona

·
Registered
345 Posts
From what you have posted, 2 months out of 24 months cohabitation, it is presumed you have lived together as de-facto for 12 months consecutively (and met the 12 month minimum de-facto requirement).

As Nick has mentioned above, as long as it is not separation on a permanent basis, and you are able to provide evidence of communication while apart (seems like you have plenty of proof), then I do not see it as a major problem for your case.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

From what you have posted, 2 months out of 24 months cohabitation, it is presumed you have lived together as de-facto for 12 months consecutively (and met the 12 month minimum de-facto requirement).

As Nick has mentioned above, as long as it is not separation on a permanent basis, and you are able to provide evidence of communication while apart (seems like you have plenty of proof), then I do not see it as a major problem for your case.
Thank you for your reply.

I have had some periods away to visit my family in Australia in the 24 months but yes, the relationship has been continuous apart from those periods and we have always maintained intense communication while apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.