Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I got PR a few months ago when I was in my country. I travelled to Australia in August and been living here since then. I am working and got Medicare .However I still have personal issues to take care of back in my country. I came to Australia in august to meet the initial entry requirement. My question is, Could I leave Australia and keep my PR status? if so, for how long? I've read around and been told that it mught be for only three months before PR is cancelled. But, in other places I've read it's actually 5 years after the initial visa was granted and only after that, the three months rule will apply..

Could anyone please clarify this for me?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
An initial PR is good for 5 years from date of grant and and you can come and go as many times as you like in that period.
After 5 years if you had not attained citizenship and an Australian passport which you would need to legally leave if a citizen, you will need to get a Resident Return Visa.
Read first para @ Skilled - Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wanderer

Sorry to ask you this again..that means I could leave Australia for let's say 4 years and then come back without any trouble?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.