Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a question which I really can't see an answer to.

Me and my fiancee are in the middle of a PMV process and we're currently living together in the Balkans, we have setup a life here together over the past 12 months of being together and everything that goes with it. The what goes with it part is; all of our belongings that we have together, including a car, furniture, electronics, clothes, a bunch of kitchen wares (as we are both into our cooking) etc. etc.

So, my question is, should our PMV get accepted (and all my support is in that it does), how long is one given to arrive in Australia? I assume that upon acceptance, there is some timeframe that you need to arrive in Australia before it expires? (or is it just the 9 months?)

Because, we need to pack up our life here so that we can relocate to Australia (I'm the AU citizen by the way).

Many thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
There is a first arrival date, usually the expiry date of visa medicals or police certificates, whatever comes first.

Note that the 9 month validity period starts from the date of visa grant, not date of arrival in Australia.

Worst case scenario you can make a quick return trip to Australia to validate the visa.

Reactions: STOIE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Great!

Really appreciate the info (I think I will work on ensuring that our police certs and health checks are never less than 3 months from expiry then).

For instance I imagine for most couples the partner could travel first and then I come soon after once everything here is organised, but that's not an option for us as I don't speak the language here and need her to translate in organising things like freight etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.