Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all...

I just checked immiaccount & saw that the timeline has changed from 12-16 months to 21-26 months...

what does that mean? oh my! My husband applied for offshore 309 on 6th of June 2018...

Hopefully everything will be okay..

thanks

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Hi to all...

I just checked immiaccount & saw that the timeline has changed from 12-16 months to 21-26 months...

what does that mean? oh my! My husband applied for offshore 309 on 6th of June 2018...

Hopefully everything will be okay..

thanks
It means that 15% of the june grants took between 21 and 26 months from application.

75% took between 1 and 21 months.

Possibly no change for the majority of genuine and complete, easy applications.

Maybe longer times for the more complex applications..

·
Registered
28 Posts
It means that 15% of the june grants took between 21 and 26 months from application.

Does it mean if your timeline has changed to 21-26 months recently, meaning your application is complex, and if your timeline still remain unchanged (12-16 months) meaning you might have relatively easy and complete application?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Does it mean if your timeline has changed to 21-26 months recently, meaning your application is complex, and if your timeline still remain unchanged (12-16 months) meaning you might have relatively easy and complete application?
Is this a personal timeline you have been given or the average recent grant times quoted with the wording "Last updated 18 July 2018 (for month ending 30 June 2018)".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is this a personal timeline you have been given or the average recent grant times quoted with the wording "Last updated 18 July 2018 (for month ending 30 June 2018)".
In everyone's immiaccount, there is processing time under the applicant's name. Not sure it is a personal timeline or not but my one has changed from 12-16 months to 21-26 months. Just wondering if anyone's processing time remain unchanged in their immiaccount?

·
Registered
50 Posts
In everyone's immiaccount, there is processing time under the applicant's name. Not sure it is a personal timeline or not but my one has changed from 12-16 months to 21-26 months. Just wondering if anyone's processing time remain unchanged in their immiaccount?
Mine changed from 12-16 months to 21-26 months as well. I think it states same timeline for everyone and nothing like personal timelines. My opinion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One thing I noticed was that after the end of FY immi account updates the data for processing time didn’t refresh at the application level to match the processing times quoted on the website. So it was quoting old data when in fact the website had updated the new months data.

This threw me a bit but then on the most recent update it’s all gone back in synch.

Processing times are just insane now and to be fair if I knew it could potentially take 2 years I wouldn’t have applied and would have made different decisions.

Seems anything goes in terms of service delivery for this function, if I’d paid $7k up front to have a service undertaken within a certain time and they doubled the time I’d cancel and get my money back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess if you're a citizen you can write to your MLA and have a whinge. You might get an answer but probably not however, you've got nothing to lose by spending 5 minutes asking the question about the processing times.. I just did and it's also a piece evidence to link to the relationship I'd think.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I just read an article that says there were 125,000 family visa applications last year, but only 47,000 visa spots available.

That leaves 78,000 applications joining a queue, for this years grants.

Increasing the partner visa fee, the other year, didn't put enough people of applying.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does that mean only 47,000 spots were available and that was a physical cap ? Or does it mean 125,000 people applied but because of the wait times, budget cuts and loss of jobs at DIPB they just never got round to processing the remainder ?

I don't think it could have been a physcial cap because the wait times would be much higher if that was the case.

Scrap that question, it's on their website

Family Stream
Partner category visas:

Partner (subclasses 309/100 and 820/801) visas cannot be capped.
Prospective Marriage (fiancé) (subclass 300) visas might be subject to capping.
Child category visas:

Child (subclasses 101 and 802) visas, Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa, Orphan Relative (subclasses 117 and 837) visa and Adoption (subclass 102) visas cannot be capped.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
They seem to give near enough the same number of grants each year. It appears to be a cap. Once they hit the limit presumably no more that year. I would guess they ration the numbers monthly to some degree.

The numbers do seem odd, but it doesn't mention rejections or withdrawals.

More accurate statistical info would be very interesting.

From 2012-13, the annual grants of partner visas has been near enough 47,000.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hi there,

what makes the application complex?

thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as for my husband's application, the status changes from initial assessment to further assessment on 10th of July after we clicked the 'i confirm i have bla bla bla'...and later i saw it has changed to '21 to 26 months' on the 18th of July 2018...and i couldnt see any - 'for month ending 30 June 2018'

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maybe, it is the same for every one...hmmm...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess if you're a citizen you can write to your MLA and have a whinge. You might get an answer but probably not however, you've got nothing to lose by spending 5 minutes asking the question about the processing times.. I just did and it's also a piece evidence to link to the relationship I'd think.
things like this causes anxiety to me...maybe i'll ask them

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just read an article that says there were 125,000 family visa applications last year, but only 47,000 visa spots available.

That leaves 78,000 applications joining a queue, for this years grants.

Increasing the partner visa fee, the other year, didn't put enough people of applying.
woww!! 125,000 applications? that's huge...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
woww!! 125,000 applications? that's huge...
It does seem very high, but also mentions that the number of people in Australia on bridging visas was now almost 200,000.

The article also mentions that refusals are up 46%.

Total visa issues, skilled and family, for the permanent intake dropped from 183,608 in 2016-17 to 162,417 in 2017-18

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is really getting frustrating now.

Our PMV 300 application has been changed from 12 - 16 months to 18 - 23 months. Jesus christ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi...anashin,

I have also applied to PMV and the timeline has changed to 18 months to 23 months. How long has it been for you? I applied in nov last year so its been like 8 months already? how about u?

·
Registered
3 Posts
we applied for my Husband's partner visa on the 23rd of June 2017 it is extremely stressful being apart for so long and needing to be together. The long wait and constantly seeing times increase adds more stress and upset to us and also to our family. We do not yet have children and want them. It is a horrible thing to be going through and not knowing from day to day when we will hear from them and be able to be together is devastating. I'm seeing couples who applied this year commenting saying they are shocked yet here we are 13 months later and still waiting. We can only hope ours is granted soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.