Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any applicants of PMV in Singapore? how was your experience and what is the processing timeline?

created this thread for people applying pmv in Singapore so we can share questions or experiences in PMV application.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There was a past thread "Applying from Singapore" for PMV and partner visa.

Are you an applicant as well.

Any applicants of PMV in Singapore? how was your experience and what is the processing timeline?

created this thread for people applying pmv in Singapore so we can share questions or experiences in PMV application.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Ochinas16, try to lodge before July as fees will increased. The processing time will take a few months. Gather as many evidence as possible.

Which city intending to reside?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! I’ll be applying for PMV soon, i just finished gathering evidences and labelling them all, and sent them off to a migration agent for reviewing before we pay for the visa. I’m from Singapore and will be moving to Sydney area hopefully next year. 🙂

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi, enjoy the application journey. :)

Feel free to share the journey.

Hi! I'll be applying for PMV soon, i just finished gathering evidences and labelling them all, and sent them off to a migration agent for reviewing before we pay for the visa. I'm from Singapore and will be moving to Sydney area hopefully next year. 🙂

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my partner is based in sydney. im starting to gather docs sadly i saw the waiting time got longer...:( hows ur application have u already lodge in ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Sherblues did u apply thru online can you alsohelp me when i have questions in gathering documents ? glad u are done with it...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Oichnas16,

I would recommend to submit the documents soonest as the time line is getting longer.

I too am residing in Sydney. Will return to Singapore end Sept on business.

my partner is based in sydney. im starting to gather docs sadly i saw the waiting time got longer...:( hows ur application have u already lodge in ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Does anyone know how long is the wait period for the PMV 2018. Cause i read in many forum is going up to 18 month nothing less
Depends on your luck... Someone on this forum recently got approved within 3 months... some still waiting...

The indicative processing time on the immi website went from 12-15months to 18-23months...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone know how long is the wait period for the PMV 2018. Cause i read in many forum is going up to 18 month nothing less
Hi on website it says 75% processes in 18 months to 23 months, this really depends if your documents is complete then could be shorter but nobody can really tell of timeline.

I am in the process of arranging my documents and soon will lodge in online too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We paid the application fees yesterday night and at around 9am (probably 12hours later) the application went through, so we uploaded the documents. Immediately got notification to get biometrics and health check done...

Now I just need to find a date to get time off work to get biometrics done (they only do it on weekdays 8am-2pm, yikes)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Benita, i am juststarting to gather docs and we are applying for pmv as per website it is 18 months 75% process in 18 months. but probably depends on your documents.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
75% of applications were processed in under 18 months in June 2018. Many of these probably around the 9 to 12 months range.
10% took about 2 years or more.

Some applications take longer than others for various reasons, security checks etc.

Reactions: sanjay86

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
agree on this really depends on luck and case if its not complicated might be shorter perios its how you present your docs as well.

but no one can really tell we need a lot of positive thinking and prayer and patience in waiting....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Sherbules,

Welcome. Thanks for sharing! Biometrics? Referring to Police clearance?

We paid the application fees yesterday night and at around 9am (probably 12hours later) the application went through, so we uploaded the documents. Immediately got notification to get biometrics and health check done...

Now I just need to find a date to get time off work to get biometrics done (they only do it on weekdays 8am-2pm, yikes)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeap i applied while in singapore! Biometrics like a photograph and fingerprints that they say will only be accepted if collected by AVAC! Police checks are separate and they havn’t requested it yet (i think)

KT1, did you go over on a pmv as well?

Oichnas, hope you can apply soon! The processing time is such a long time and our planned wedding date is in June next year. I guess the civil wedding date will be changed 😞

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Sherbules,

Came over on 309 in April 2015. Obtained 100 since May 2018.

Yeap i applied while in singapore! Biometrics like a photograph and fingerprints that they say will only be accepted if collected by AVAC! Police checks are separate and they havn't requested it yet (i think)

KT1, did you go over on a pmv as well?

Oichnas, hope you can apply soon! The processing time is such a long time and our planned wedding date is in June next year. I guess the civil wedding date will be changed 😞

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.