Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife put in an application for a visitor visa subclass 600 and its taking too much time to get a decision from immigration department.

I am an Australian citizen. My wife lodged it almost 4 months ago. This is my second wife, I had a divorce previously. At the moment, my wife can't be here on Partner visa due to sponsorship restrictions.

There is nothing wrong or dodgy in the application. We have provided the department all requested documents. They have interviewed my wife and me over the phone. Every time we send them an email about the progress of application, we get a reply that our email has been forwarded to case officer. But the officer never makes a decision.

They could have either rejected the visa and I had plans to apply again WITH SPONSORSHIP (paying bod). They are neither rejecting it nor making a decision. Rather they are making me wait more and more... Is this normal???

I can't wait long and want to lodge a complaint on the immigration website. Would that be a wise decision? Please guide me what possible steps should i take.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answers Mark.

** Yes, I included a letter in the application and explained sponsorship limitation problem.
** No health issues.
** Yes the country is high risk but many of my friends got visas within 4 weeks. Even my first wife got it too. Also let me explain here that my first wife never disobeyed any migration laws and she is not event Australian resident. She went back from Australia before divorce.

** We have provided explanation that she is genuine visitor. And we also acknlowledged that we know if she disobey any laws, it will have adverse effects on her partner visa in future.

I keep sending an email to case officer after every couple of weeks and remind them in a nice manner that we are expeting an outcome soon.

I would not have been annoyed if they would have rejected the visa with in a month cause I would have applied again here in Australia (with sponsorship and security bond). The annoying thing for me is that they have taken 4 months and still they can't say YES or NO.

The point of this post was to get an idea whether it will have positive or negative effect on the application if I lodge a complaint?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.