Australia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm curious , am I the only person who thinks that visa 300 holders being banned from entry isn't fair ?? Last week the department of home affairs has issued to me prospective marriage visa, this week I am banned from travel for nobody knows how long !!am shocked. I left a complain at home affairs website, as many visa 300 holders complains , better it is I think. I suggest Australian sponsors of visa 300 holders leaves as much complaints as possible, this visa is only granted for 9 months and my partner was told via phone that if the visa expires before the Australian border is opened it's non of their problem ! We'll lose the money and will have to start again if we want. We need to beg the department of home affairs to review the decision on visa 300 travel ban https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm curious , am I the only person who thinks that visa 300 holders being banned from entry isn't fair ?? Last week the department of home affairs has issued to me prospective marriage visa, this week I am banned from travel for nobody knows how long !!am shocked. I left a complain at home affairs website, as many visa 300 holders complains , better it is I think https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions
Yes, i am worried too. I haven't been granted the visa yet but this is surely unfair. We should come under immediate family members too. It is so hard to stay away from your patner. it should be same for everyone like 309 or 300.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, i am worried too. I haven't been granted the visa yet but this is surely unfair. We should come under immediate family members too. It is so hard to stay away from your patner. it should be same for everyone like 309 or 300.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you, we should come under immediate family members as well as 309 visa holders !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm curious , am I the only person who thinks that visa 300 holders being banned from entry isn't fair ?? Last week the department of home affairs has issued to me prospective marriage visa, this week I am banned from travel for nobody knows how long !!am shocked. I left a complain at home affairs website, as many visa 300 holders complains , better it is I think. I suggest Australian sponsors of visa 300 holders leaves as much complaints as possible, this visa is only granted for 9 months and my partner was told via phone that if the visa expires before the Australian border is opened it's non of their problem ! We'll lose the money and will have to start again if we want. We need to beg the department of home affairs to review the decision on visa 300 travel ban https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions
We are unfortunately in the exact same boat 😞

We got approved for PMV in January. My fiancé was finishing up some dental work in his home country and finalizing some other things before coming. We were about 2 weeks away from being in a position where we could book for him to come and then his country closed their borders and now ours. So he can't get here. We only have 7 months left on the visa. And with the government saying our borders could be closed for 6 months or more...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Peter Dutton is the boss of border. If you bring to his attention he will know. Then he may do something or not. He had Coronavirus himself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It’s really unfair how can they say subclass 300 isn’t allowed people have been waiting months and years and then this happens and it’s ridiculous they say they don’t care if the visa is expired and you still haven’t travelled I honestly don’t know how they can be so heartless and not consider them family

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's really unfair how can they say subclass 300 isn't allowed people have been waiting months and years and then this happens and it's ridiculous they say they don't care if the visa is expired and you still haven't travelled I honestly don't know how they can be so heartless and not consider them family
Exactly, we have been waiting for so long, i have seen they are granting 309 more quickly now. I read 3 people who got their 309 visas granted this week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sure they would since they won't be working on any other visa

It's really unfair how can they say subclass 300 isn't allowed people have been waiting months and years and then this happens and it's ridiculous they say they don't care if the visa is expired and you still haven't travelled I honestly don't know how they can be so heartless and not consider them family
Exactly, we have been waiting for so long, i have seen they are granting 309 more quickly now. I read 3 people who got their 309 visas granted this week.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really truly believe everyone in this situation needs to escalate the matter

·
Registered
3 Posts
That webpage IS the form. It has tick boxes for you to say you understand the policies you are communicating under, and then it has a drop down list for which department you want to communicate with, and then an open field for typing your request (i.e. can I travel to australia in my situation with these supporting docs?)...
That only works for the countries/cities in the dropdown box on the webpage,

There are no options for me to click in the list (i'm in argentina), so i have to go click through other departmental contacts.. which leads to me only one option.. snail mail to aus embassy in brazil!

This was all told to me by immi on the phone.

Now we have national quarantine here, i cant even go out to send a letter, let alone print one!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just applied for a waiver last night from the USA (my partner and I are engaged,) and I was granted it a couple of hours ago. My partner and I are ecstatic, we've just had to spend six months apart and were five days away from seeing each other again. We were devastated, but it all ended up working out in the end!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just applied for a waiver last night from the USA (my partner and I are engaged,) and I was granted it a couple of hours ago. My partner and I are ecstatic, we've just had to spend six months apart and were five days away from seeing each other again. We were devastated, but it all ended up working out in the end!
Can you please explain? Did you already have the visa 300? And what waiver?

·
Registered
18 Posts
No, I was scheduled to come in on a 600. No idea what office processed it, the first time I looked at the form it had the drop-down box with offices, then when I went back it had a bunch of boxes to tick and a place to explain your circumstances and prove that you're the immediate family of an Australian citizen or permanent resident. I didn't have to select an office. If granted, it allows you to travel to Australia (though I would recommend printing it out to show the airline, although in the 'grant notice' it says the airline will call the Australian Border people to confirm you can get on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, I was scheduled to come in on a 600. No idea what office processed it, the first time I looked at the form it had the drop-down box with offices, then when I went back it had a bunch of boxes to tick and a place to explain your circumstances and prove that you're the immediate family of an Australian citizen or permanent resident. I didn't have to select an office. The waiver was located here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form
If granted, it allows you to travel to Australia (though I would recommend printing it out to show the airline, although in the 'grant notice' it says the airline will call the Australian Border people to confirm you can get on.
Does it give a time limit or entry by date? Or just that you have permission to enter on your original visa conditions?

21 - 40 of 156 Posts