Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I wondered if someone would be able to clarify the following:
My parents are deciding if they want to stay here 'longer term'. They are in their 60's. UK citizens.

Firstly, if they come on a 651 (3 month tourist) can they apply for a 12 month (600) without leaving the country?

Also, how many times can they apply for the 600 12 month visa? In this context they had wondered if they could stay for 12 months - return to the UK and then come back for another 12 months and so on....

Decisions.... they are not in the 'best' health (not really sick but you know..) and so a UK base is attractive for them if they should need care in their elder years.

Any advice would be very very very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Hello everyone, I wondered if someone would be able to clarify the following:
My parents are deciding if they want to stay here 'longer term'. They are in their 60's. UK citizens.

Firstly, if they come on a 651 (3 month tourist) can they apply for a 12 month (600) without leaving the country?

Also, how many times can they apply for the 600 12 month visa? In this context they had wondered if they could stay for 12 months - return to the UK and then come back for another 12 months and so on....

Decisions.... they are not in the 'best' health (not really sick but you know..) and so a UK base is attractive for them if they should need care in their elder years.

Any advice would be very very very much appreciated.
They won't be able to spend more than 12 months in Australia on a tourist visa in any 18 month period. Long term, a contributory parent visa is the only realistic option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.