Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here know of a tourist visa taking more than 65 days to be processed?? The departments processing times stated 15-29 which had now increased to 19-34 days but it's now nearly double the amount of time we have been waiting. They lost his biometrics and didn't attach to his application for 3 weeks and they still haven't even looked at his application. More than the required supporting docs have been submitted, he has no criminal record, he has been here before 7 months ago for a month, he has a job to go back to, he has sufficient funds in his account & I even sent my bank statement. We have called and emailed several times to both Sth Africa and Australia but never get any answer. Is this normal?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone on here know of a tourist visa taking more than 65 days to be processed?? The departments processing times stated 15-29 which had now increased to 19-34 days but it's now nearly double the amount of time we have been waiting. They lost his biometrics and didn't attach to his application for 3 weeks and they still haven't even looked at his application. More than the required supporting docs have been submitted, he has no criminal record, he has been here before 7 months ago for a month, he has a job to go back to, he has sufficient funds in his account & I even sent my bank statement. We have called and emailed several times to both Sth Africa and Australia but never get any answer. Is this normal?
That's really strange and is taking so long.

My longest tourist visa application was for 35 days. I called the embassy here in Dubai once and I was actually able to talk to the case officer. She told me to attach one more document and then she'll approve it after that. As soon as the call was finished, I attached the missing document and after 30 minutes it was granted.

Did you attach all the required documents?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies. Yes all documents were submitted. I have sent complaint emails, phones calls and completed the feedback forms and still they say it hasn’t been allocated for processing and that they will refer to a team leader and still nothing has been done. I suppose there’s nothing more I can do except wait, I’m just so frustrated by it all and how they make it this hard for someone to travel to Australia for a holiday.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Go to your local federal member of parliament, with all the details.

Bullet point what and when you have tried to resolve the problem, they will chase it up - it's their job, and they have to reply to you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

When I applied for my visitor visa tourist stream, after payment, I received an email stating that the department may not contact you, and that they may decide based on the documents you have attached so you may upload documents that you feel is relevant to your application. So what I did I just attached documents and evidences that will support my statements. my application was approved in just 5 days. I didn't expect that they will decide that fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ampk, I was thinking that might have to be my next move however the issue may not be resolved by the time I need but it’s worth a try. I did ask the lady on the phone how long before someone is due to travel should they lodge the tourist visa application and her answer was 34 days ?.

He has submitted every single document that was required plus extras. Wow 5 days is quick even though that’s how quick all tourist visas should be processed in.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Contacting both your Fed Member and the Ombudsman will not have a negative effect on the application - FYI.

Your Fed Member will have a direct line to the relevant Embassy manager, if your case has good merit they do call them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks ampk, I was a little worried that pushing it too far may have a negative effect on the application but I can’t see any possible reason as to why this has taken so long. Do you know what kind of response time it is with the minister?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Mine in Darwin had to contact the Moscow Embassy (Ukraine applicant) it was from memory 48 hours till I was called back with info and responses.

My previously refused Visa application (3) included 3 letters of support from N.T. Government ministers, not sure if that made the Fed act any faster.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry one question please ampk, did you take the supporting docs that you submitted with your application to your fed member?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I took a very large folder of all that I had.

I did a bullet point word doc of all relevant things in a time line. (points short but sweet 1 or 2 lines).

They from memory did not look at the folder or any part of it - they could see I was prepared with facts and not just having a dummy spit.

The asked if they could take a photo copy of the bullet points (we verbally expanded on them in the meeting) - I said that's your copy, keep it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet, I also have a large folder also and have just done the timeline in bullet points. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Just in case one of the mods is reading - that post by Jamie (with 4 digits after it) wont open for me.

I think this poster has replied to the post?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's really strange and is taking so long.

My longest tourist visa application was for 35 days. I called the embassy here in Dubai once and I was actually able to talk to the case officer. She told me to attach one more document and then she'll approve it after that. As soon as the call was finished, I attached the missing document and after 30 minutes it was granted.

Did you attach all the required documents?
Hi,

Which number did you call from Dubai?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. Did you eventually get your visa or visa response and how long did you further wait for it? I also applied and it has taken more than 40 days and I am in the same situation as you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.