Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have been helping my best friend apply for her partner who is from Indonesia for a Tourist Visa 600 to Perth.
We submitted the following:
-Sponsor Letter
-Support Sponsor Letter (from me)
-Employment letter from his boss
-Plans for in Perth
-Bike Certificate
-Room rent receipt paid for the next 6 months
-Bank book But because he got paid in cash (assistant at tattoo studio) he had no proof to show his income. He only opened a bank account recently for visa purposes (I didn't think that was needed AS she is the sponsor and stated she will be covering absolutely everything for him)
2 days ago, IT GOT DENIED. So shocked and so sad for her!!! the reason was because the Australian Embassy did not receive sufficient proof of his employment therefor do not believe he will return back to Indonesia after the 3 months...

I have heard this exact denial reason to many other people who have applied for this visa. We are going to reapply. We went through an agent but this time I'm thinking we should do it ourselves as we believe we know exactly whats needed now (and its way cheaper)

QUESTIONS:
-We are hoping to apply on Immi for him in Australia it says must apply outside Australia but is this ok because the actual applicant is outside Australia? we are just doing it for him?

-Can anyone give me ideas suggestions we could provide for more proof that he WILL return back to Indonesia after the 3 months?

-Does anyone know the processing times for this subclass 600 tourist visa?

Any other help / advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you muchly.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Your friend cannot sponsor her partners tourist visa unless they are married. She can offer a letter of financial support etc however not all embassies will take it into account and will say that the onus is on the applicant to show that they have enough funds to support themselves when in Australia.

It is where the applicant is at the time that they apply for the visa.

If he has financial responsibilities in Indonesia for example supports his parents he can write a letter detailing this.

He should also be depositing his income he receives into the bank account as soon as he receives it, or ask his employer to start depositing it into the bank account as that is what the embassy will also be looking at.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Patricerafferty
The same happened to my partner from Vietnam. Reason: "The department is not convinced she will not overstay" Visa rejected.
The idea was for her to come to Australia as a tourist for 3 months. The lifestyle in OZ being very different, it was to test if she could live here and then return to Viet Nam to apply for a defacto reunification.
I was (sponsor) in Australia and lodged the application in OZ on her name.

As we are defacto partners since over 10 years, now we are applying for the visa 309/100 for her to migrate permanently to OZ.

·
Registered
26 Posts
-Room rent receipt paid for the next 6 months

This evidence is really unnecessary and it may give the CO an impression that the applicant will stay in Australia at least 6 months.

Return flight tickets booking & hotel booking ( you can cancel later) might help - my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.