Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

so our 461 New Zealand (I'm NZ living in aussie) partner visa was refused due to lack of financial evidence. we waited 16months for this decision. we are thinking of applying for a tourist visa for a quick 1month visit to Australia. has anyone ever had experience of getting a tourist visa after a refusal? what are our chances. my partner is from a high risk country - Zimbabwe? any advice will be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am in Australia but my partner is still stuck in zimbabwe. on the decision letter it said we cant appeal. we don"t have appeal grounds because we are not married.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That really sucks!! Im so sorry. Financial evidence in what respect ? Joint or not enough to live off?

I would think if you try to get it you just have to make sure finances are not an issue. Has he got a tourist visa before?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh no that's awful! Do you mind me asking what financial evidence you gave? My partner and I applied for our 461 over a year ago and the only financial evidence we had was opening a joint bank account, but have no transactions to show in the account....now i'm worried.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Guys

so our 461 New Zealand (I'm NZ living in aussie) partner visa was refused due to lack of financial evidence. we waited 16months for this decision. we are thinking of applying for a tourist visa for a quick 1month visit to Australia. has anyone ever had experience of getting a tourist visa after a refusal? what are our chances. my partner is from a high risk country - Zimbabwe? any advice will be much appreciated :)
Did you submit ALL the information requested by the case officer? Did you fail to submit any documents or evidence requested by CO?

Could you copy & paste the refusal letter AFTER removing your personal information (Names, Reference #). I am disappointed as well

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
The chances are low. Generally after a partner visa refusal it is extremely hard to get a tourist visa to Australia - not to mention being from a HR country too.

It is very hard to show that they will only visit Australia temporarily when they had previously submitted a visa application for a long term visa.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh no that's awful! Do you mind me asking what financial evidence you gave? My partner and I applied for our 461 over a year ago and the only financial evidence we had was opening a joint bank account, but have no transactions to show in the account....now i'm worried.....
Hi,
in the deicsion letter they said we lacked "joint liabilities" which means financial ties in the long term. so they mean superannuation (not sure the equivelant of this in the UK), wills written with each other as benificeries, joint assets ei car. I didnt know all this before

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh no, that's horrible, I'm so sorry to hear that!

That also makes me worried about our application as we have no financial ties whatsoever 😱

Did your CO contact you beforehand, requesting additional documents? Or did they reach to this conclusion without asking for more proof?

What are your plans now? You must be gutted 😞

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.