Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Before I go on I admit full responsibility for leaving my lodgement of a partner visa to the last minute. There were valid reasons for this but none the less it was late!

I really need some help/reassurance regarding my situation.

Tourist Visa expired 1st June 18.
Lodged Partner visa 1st June (way before 23:59 Canberra time).
I was advised by a migration agent (whom we had previously worked with on prior visa's - this time we simply ran out of money to afford the fee to lodge AND the legal services to lodge it) that I could lodge up till the end of Jun 1st. also advised me, and I see on the Immi website, that a BVA is automatically applied for when lodging a partner visa onshore.
As yet I have still not received this Bridging Visa Grant Notfication forms he department.
This was a Friday so I'm wondering if this has impacted upon the BVA not yet being issued.

I'm very anxious about this. Can a Bridging Visa be backdated to the date I lodged the partner application?

I received confirmation for the department that the application has been received and also have receipt for payment.

Doe the fact its a weekend impact upon their processing of BVs?

Can anyone who is either a professional in this field, or knows of anyone previously in these circumstances possibly shed some light on this?

I eagerly await your responses.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.