Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Australia on 309 visa and my brother is here on tourist visa 600. I talked to the travel agency through which he applied and they told me that is not a problem for the visa to be extended, but that it could negatively affect the future application for a tourist visa. I wonder if extensions can be negatively impacted on a future visa application.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Notwithstanding that the department used the term, Australian visas cannot be 'extended'. Another visa must be applied for.
Do not take migration advice from travel agents, or the department.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I don’t give travel advice. Travel agents should not give migration advice. If it is a good idea to apply for a new tourist visa in Australia or not depends on your personal circumstances.

Reactions: Lisa Ira

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you be more specific what you mean by personal circumstances.In the application for a tourist visa he submitted a document from the employer that he is working, that they giving him 3 months break and that he is going to work there again when he returns.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Can you be more specific what you mean by personal circumstances.In the application for a tourist visa he submitted a document from the employer that he is working, that they giving him 3 months break and that he is going to work there again when he returns.
How long has your brother been in Australia?

If Immigration asks about the 3 month "Break" given to your brother, what reason does he give necessitating the extension of his stay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.