Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helo friends.
Need help on following doubts:-
What fund is enough for getting tourist visa for myself & my spouse for 21days tourist visa?
I am not filing Income tax return since my gross income is below exemption limit for senior citizens. Is tax return is compulsory?

Thanks in advance for help

·
Registered
80 Posts
Helo friends.
What fund is enough for getting tourist visa for myself & my spouse for 21days tourist visa?
I am not filing Income tax return since my gross income is below exemption limit for senior citizens. Is tax return is compulsory?

It is not a question of only showing sufficient funds

You also have to show that you have roots in India and that you have the incentive to return to India from Australia

For a 21 day trip to Australia you would need at least Rs 5 -10 lakhs clear bank balance just for the trip expenses

In addition you have to give details of your property and other assets that you have.

A much easier way to get the Australian tourist visa is to go on a tour organised by one of the big tour companies like cox and kings, Thomas cook etc.

They give guarantee on your behalf that you will return and arrange for the visa
Also,it is a good way to see the country

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Helo friends.

There are so specific guidelines on the exact amount of funds you must be having to be able to apply for a tourist subclass 600 visa. However, certain factors would determine the level of funds required. For instance, if you are visiting your family (children, relatives, etc) and plan to stay with them, then funds required would be fewer than travelling for sightseeing and staying in hotels. So take into account expenses on air travel, accommodation, food, commute, etc.

Tax returns are not important if you have money in bank, credit card, etc.

Note that you still need to have a sound financial position (property valuations can be one way of doing that) to prove that you are a genuine temporary visitor.

If you are 75 or more, presuming as you said you are a senior citizen, then travel health insurance will be required as well. (Personal tip: choose a good/reputed travel health insurer as there are countless dodgy operators in India who simply vanish in case of emergency). Last thing you would want is a medical bill that runs into thousands of dollars.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.