Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Unfortunately the Tourist visa for my girlfriend has just been refused at the Australian High Commission in Singapore.

I am in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa which expires on the 31st January 2013. My girlfriend joined me on a Tourist visa from April 2012 until June 2012 and then again from August 2012 until November 2012.
Both visas were applied for in Manila, the second time for a 6 months visa, however only a 3 months visa was given. Apparently due to the missing medicals (she was not asked for it though?).

As we were planning a short holiday in Southeast Asia anyway we contacted the Australian High Commission in Singapore if it would be possible to apply even though we are no residents).
We received a friendly reply, that it would be possible.

The whole process was rather rude and unprofessional. When we came the 2nd time to collect her passport we were sent away and told by the Case Officer that the decision will be made in 1 week.
We finally got her passport and the refusal letter stating ridicoulus reasons. The Case Officer did not believe that it would be the purpose of a genuine visit.
We provided a pile of documents proofing it including pictures showing the both of us together 1 year back and travels in Australia. We even bought a campervan together and provided an itinerary.
The visa application was only for 2 months and 2 weeks to match the expiry of my visa.

It was also written that my girlfriend only has a little amount of overseas travels and cannot be trusted to leave the country.
She has been to more than 10 countries (stamps in the same passport) including New Zealand and Japan and never violated a visa regulation.

It feels like the Australian High Commission does not want to process/approve non resident visas and is just looking for reasons to refuse.

We are planning to lodge another visa application in Manila explaining that we did not provide enough evidence in Singapore leading to a refusal.

Would we have a fair chance? Or do they stick together and once a refusal was made it's over?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.