Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am from Mexico, and I intend to travel to Australia in July 2019. I want to apply for the tourist visa 600 in one or two weeks to have enough time to get a reasonable price on my flight tickets. However, I am concern that if I got my visa granted in November the "Must not arrive after" date will be before July 2019. Do you know if all visitor visas have 12 months of validity? Should I wait to apply for the visa?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi guys,

I am from Mexico, and I intend to travel to Australia in July 2019. I want to apply for the tourist visa 600 in one or two weeks to have enough time to get a reasonable price on my flight tickets. However, I am concern that if I got my visa granted in November the "Must not arrive after" date will be before July 2019. Do you know if all visitor visas have 12 months of validity? Should I wait to apply for the visa?
I'm pretty sure you can specify what your intended travel dates are.
They wouldn't grant you 'must not arrive after dates' before your intended travel date.
Will need to get a RMA to confirm.

Visa conditions vary between applicants.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi I think that is way too soon to apply for the visa. If you intend to travel next year July I would apply 3 months before so around April-May. I might be mistaken but i remember reading somewhere not to apply more than 3 months before travel date. Not 100% sure though

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
The validity period starts on the day the visa is granted, so you should not apply too long in advance. You can not specify a start date for the visa.

The stay period starts on the date of each arrival.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.