Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would like to seek advise from your guys.

I am looking to get my girlfriend over to Australia and looking for a quickest way.:eek: (can't wait)

Without waiting for PMV/301 marriage offshore wait, which are absurdly long wait. :mad:

I am looking to :

step 1) Get her tourist visa without "No further stay condition", she would be applying on her merits for tourism purposes, so wont have any issue getting it.

step 2) Get married with her when she is in Australia.

step 3) Apply for 820 onshore visa. so she can stay with me while her visa is being processed.

Do you see any issue with this approach?

Also as I understand while waiting for 820 processing she will get granted with bridging visa. Will it allow her to work?
As I understand she cant work on tourist visa, will that condition will carry over to bridging visa she is granted.

As she wants to work while on bridging visa, so " no work" would be a deal-breaker.

Thanks, please advise if anyone has gone through similar process before.

P.S: She is Vietnamese :)

·
Super Moderator
2,110 Posts
To put it bluntly, your proposal as outlined,is destined to end in heartbreak, and a donation to consolidated revenue of $7000+.
I suggest that before you do anything you consult with any of the Registered Migration Agents listed in the sticky at the top of the topic list.
They will be able to advise you of the best way forward.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Getting married by itself won’t result in a partner visa being granted. You need solid relationship evidence as well. Moreover ,with the new sponsorship rules coming into place soon, your plan of applying onshore, may well be doomed to failure. There is no guarantee either that your “girlfriend” will be granted a tourist visa.

Get some professional advice and work out a realistic strategy.

Reactions: parv_lan
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.