Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been recently approved a 6 months tourist visa. The only conditions are 8101 (no work) and 8201 (Maximum three months study). It's a single entry visa.

I am getting married next month in my home country. My soon to be the partner is an Australian Citizen. I intend to travel to Australia with him and I was wondering if I can apply for 820 visa in Australia?

Our intention is to get the marriage registered in Australia first and then apply for 820. I have read quite a few posts and I have documented all the evidence we will be needing for this application. If we lodge 820 in April 2019, does the 2year period date start from the date of lodgment or does it start when the bridging visa comes into effect?

Do you see any issues in me applying for 820 and any suggestions on my scenario would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Excuse me, what visa number is this for 6 months?
The number is the same 600.

They can be issued for any time frame - 1 day or 1 year from day of issue. But normally 3,6 or 12 months in total or in stay periods of the same.

You can request, but may not be what you get given.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
What is the difference between 651 tourist visa and 600?
The subclass 651 visa is only for those who hold a passport from a particular country. It is free and normally takes a day or two to process. It only allows stays of up to 3 months at a time.

The normal visitor visa is the 600. This can be up to 12 months at a time, and normally costs $140

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't say on the immigration website you need to be in a relationship for a certain time frame. Isn't that the whole reason behind taking 2 years to process the temporary visa to see if relationship continues

·
Registered
817 Posts
The 2-year period starts when the 820 is lodged.
Without knowing a ll the facts of the case, it is not possible to offer a considered opinion about visa prospects.
What facts are you after? The marriage will be legal with all proof of relationship
It doesn't say on the immigration website you need to be in a relationship for a certain time frame. Isn't that the whole reason behind taking 2 years to process the temporary visa to see if relationship continues
Exactly it's about proving the relationship. Being married counts for little, you need to meet the requirements at the time of application.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Some applications do have a relationship time frame - and that time frame is from date of application.

No the "Isn't that the whole reason behind taking 2 years to process the temporary visa to see if relationship continues" is not the reason for process times. The reason for the process times is the planning levels for number of visas issued each year - quota.

The website is not the best place to get your information and it contains many errors. Better is using the Immigration regulations along with PAM 3 and the use of a RMA.

All refusals are given with reference to the regulations and PAM 3 never the "website".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.