Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been recently approved a 6 months tourist visa. The only conditions are 8101 (no work) and 8201 (Maximum three months study). It's a single entry visa.

I am getting married next month in my home country. My soon to be the partner is an Australian Citizen. I intend to travel to Australia with him and I was wondering if I can apply for 820 visa in Australia?

Our intention is to get the marriage registered in Australia first and then apply for 820. I have read quite a few posts and I have documented all the evidence we will be needing for this application. If we lodge 820 in April 2019, does the 2year period date start from the date of lodgment or does it start when the bridging visa comes into effect?

Do you see any issues in me applying for 820 and any suggestions on my scenario would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't say on the immigration website you need to be in a relationship for a certain time frame. Isn't that the whole reason behind taking 2 years to process the temporary visa to see if relationship continues

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.