Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone would have the same experience, if you have a current Tourist Visa and would want to apply for a 457 subsequent once you entered AU. Is it possible that they give you working rights on your bridging visa?

Thank you for answering!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone would have the same experience, if you have a current Tourist Visa and would want to apply for a 457 subsequent once you entered AU. Is it possible that they give you working rights on your bridging visa?

Thank you for answering!
The bridging visa would typically have the same conditions as your previous visa. There are a number of visas where this does not apply (partner, business skills and permanent employer sponsored and skilled visas amongst others), but 457 is not one of them in your circumstances.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bridging visa would typically have the same conditions as your previous visa. There are a number of visas where this does not apply (partner, business skills and permanent employer sponsored and skilled visas amongst others), but 457 is not one of them in your circumstances.
Thank you for clarifying that. In that case, should just apply 457 subsequent offshore, then can still use tourist visa to visit?

Thank you again.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you for clarifying that. In that case, should just apply 457 subsequent offshore, then can still use tourist visa to visit?

Thank you again.
I would apply onshore if you can. It's always handy to have a bridging visa.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would apply onshore if you can. It's always handy to have a bridging visa.
In that case, will still hold a tourist visa with 3 months max stay then Bridging visa arrives? is that correct?

Crucial part is without working rights, finances will be a challenge. hehe

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
In that case, will still hold a tourist visa with 3 months max stay then Bridging visa arrives? is that correct?

Crucial part is without working rights, finances will be a challenge. hehe
BVA will come into effect once tourist visa ceases, if onshore. You can always apply for work rights once the BVA is in effect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BVA will come into effect once tourist visa ceases, if onshore. You can always apply for work rights once the BVA is in effect.
Do you reckon if to apply BVA wiht working rights it will be approved? I mean do they need lots of evidences or documents.

THANK YOU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.