Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My partner and I have a child. He is on tourist visa without the “no further stay” condition but max. 3 months stay. We are planning on lodging a partner visa on october and his tourist visa expires on December. He comes here on August but then by November it will already be three months. My question is when do the bridging visa take effect since he used up the three months already and tourist visa will not expire until December, does he still need to go back to Philippines and wait until the tourist visa expires or he can stay for more than three months because we lodged the partner visa by that time? I’m just so confused and nervous. I hope someone can help me

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, the BVA will commence once the 3 month tourist visa stay expires. Until the tourist visa 3 month stay finishes he will be subject to its conditions - so make sure he doesn't start working until he is on the BVA.

If he wants to travel while on the bridging visa he will need to apply for a BVB.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.