Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello you beautiful bunch,

I'm here in Oz on a normal tourist visa. Valid for 12 months, 3 months at the time, multiple entries.
I came over on the 30th of November 2016. So every 3 months I had to do a visa run to New Zealand, come back and get another 3 months.

My question now is: Can I do that cheeky border crossing one more time before the 30th of November and get 3 months for the last time and extend until February. Or is it all over on the 30th November, no matter what I do, because the 12 months are up?

Thanks in advance x

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hello you beautiful bunch,

I'm here in Oz on a normal tourist visa. Valid for 12 months, 3 months at the time, multiple entries.
I came over on the 30th of November 2016. So every 3 months I had to do a visa run to New Zealand, come back and get another 3 months.

My question now is: Can I do that cheeky border crossing one more time before the 30th of November and get 3 months for the last time and extend until February. Or is it all over on the 30th November, no matter what I do, because the 12 months are up?

Thanks in advance x
Technically you can.

I was granted the same visa and I entered about a month before the 12 month expiry but I got the full 3 months,

The only issue is if they think you've spent too much time in Aus on a temporary visa and you get turned away at the border.

I wouldn't leave it until the very last day either :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I always think that the visa validity is referring to the last date I'm allowed to enter a country (not leaving the country). So for your case, as long as your re-entry is before the 12 months validity date, that's alright. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much guys. I'm actually married to my aussie hubby for ages and we came over for a visit but recently decided to permanently stay and now I'm scrambling with my 820 application and slightly freaking out I won't get it all together in time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.