Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day all,

i am engaged to an australian permanet citizen and we are planning marriage later this year when i get to australia.
am currently pregnant. we were planning on apply for a partner visa but as i inqured here it takes more time to be granted.
in the meantime we want to apply for a tourist visa for me to go meet his family.i am currently employed and ma employer is will to give me a 3weeks leave letter though i would like to stay for up 12months. ma fiance too is employed and has an apartment for his own and is willinging to cater for all ma expenses.

am worried,,, ma leave letter is showing 3weeks off work yet i want to apply for visa of upto 12months.then also i read some where that its hard for peoplle from high risk countries like mine i.e uganda -Africa to get longer stay and still tourist visas in this case are often denied. and also ma fiance doesnt have much money into his savings account. it truely love and miss ma fiance... we are stuck dnt know how to go about this.
kind advice is appreciated.
best regards
hanny bunch

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Well, you can always apply and get refused, a visitor visa application not costing all that much but you're right in that getting a 12 months visitor visa is going to be a lot more difficult for they will expect you to have reasonable funding to support yourself and yes, a letter from your employer re just three weeks leave isn't going to be in your favour.
If you get a tourist visa and then get married in Australia, that'll not mean you can stay as the tourist visa could have what is known as a No Further Stay condition on it, meaning you cannot apply for another visa.
You may be best to apply now for a PMV, details on Family - Visas & Immigration and then with an application in you may then be able to get a visitor visa, perhaps trying for six months to allow for the PMV processing and then you would still need to leave Australia but not all the way back to Uganda to have the visa granted.

You ought to also check with medical people and airlines re being able to fly while pregnant for some doctors may advise against it and some airlines do have restrictions because the last thing they want is contractions aboard!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.