Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my husband's employer is willing to nominate him ENS 186 however because of the long wait (6-9 months!), he decides to be added to my 485 visa and arrive Aus first then apply for 186.

My question is:

1, we are married legally, but have been living apart for 3 years (US and Aus), no joint account, joint bills, what so ever, will DIAC accept our relationship?

2, what is the time line for 485 subsequent visa?

thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
Hi Longdog -

Typically there isn't the kind of detailed relationship evidence required for adding a subsequent non-defacto partner onto a 485 visa that there is for a partner or fiance visa. That being said, I would have a submission letter ready to go explaining the reasons why you were living part and that it was a temporary arrangement. Your country of citizenship and his may also affect the level of scrutiny that is given. I would highly recommend that you very carefully and thoroughly prepare the 485 subsequent applicant package - it's a paper application, typically takes a couple of months to be processed although processing times lately have been very hard to predict.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark. It's because my husband is doing his PhD in US. Until that's finished he can't come to Australia. I'll prepare a letter to explain this then.

Months!! Then we should really start the application now! Thank you very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.