Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I was reading through skills assessment guidelines and got confused midway. I would really appreciate if someone can help me sort this out.

I completed a 3 year bachelor degree in 2010 which turns out to be ICT major. Then completed a trade apprenticeship of 4 years, basically an on job training, For which I got a masters degree in 2014. And I have been working in the industry since then. So 3 years of working experience.

During apprenticeship , I worked for around 200 hours/month with the company which is specified as my project work in my testimonial.

My question is (finally!) : Will I be able to use my experience at my trade apprenticeship in my skill point assessment?
Will it be 7 years of relevant experience or 3?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi All,

I was reading through skills assessment guidelines and got confused midway. I would really appreciate if someone can help me sort this out.

I completed a 3 year bachelor degree in 2010 which turns out to be ICT major. Then completed a trade apprenticeship of 4 years, basically an on job training, For which I got a masters degree in 2014. And I have been working in the industry since then. So 3 years of working experience.

During apprenticeship , I worked for around 200 hours/week with the company which is specified as my project work in my testimonial.

My question is (finally!) : Will I be able to use my experience at my trade apprenticeship in my skill point assessment?
Will it be 7 years of relevant experience or 3?

Thanks in advance!
Your testimonial will be flagged as false.

There are only 168 hours in a week.

I believe you will find that experience only counts post qualification.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your testimonial will be flagged as false.

There are only 168 hours in a week.
Thanks Mania for the reply. I did a typo, sorry! It should be 200/month.

I believe you will find that experience only counts post qualification.
This is where I am confused. I did my TA after my bachelor degree.
The Skill level requirement met date should be 2 years from the date I got my bachelors. Not After completion of my TP (masters)

Again Thanks for helping out! Really appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you need to be on the comedy channel. By the way, I would love to a masters degree in wanking, do you know where I can enrol.
You definitely don't need it Jeremy! It will be an under qualification as you already hold a doctorate in that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.