Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can anyone tell me what will be the new training benchmark requirements after the bill is passed in parliament?

What are the changes?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Can anyone tell me what will be the new training benchmark requirements after the bill is passed in parliament?

What are the changes?
There will be a training levy payable up front for each sponsored employee, instead of training expenditure.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
From what I've seen, the 482 is considerably more expensive than a 457. At least it will be for my company.

The training levy hasn't yet been confirmed through legislation but looks to be $1800 per year for large businesses and $1200 for small businesses. A large business has annual turnover greater than $10 million). So for a large business to sponsor a 4-year 482 it would cost $7,200 upfront for the training levy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
From what I've seen, the 482 is considerably more expensive than a 457. At least it will be for my company.

The training levy hasn't yet been confirmed through legislation but looks to be $1800 per year for large businesses and $1200 for small businesses. A large business has annual turnover greater than $10 million). So for a large business to sponsor a 4-year 482 it would cost $7,200 upfront for the training levy.
Thanks.. so you have any rough estimate on how much training levy was on 457 visa ? If you can please explain with just any amount of turnover for a rough idea.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
There was no fixed amount, the training benchmark for the 457 was based on a % of the employer's gross payroll.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also waiting for this change, i have found this to be useful, follow this link from Australian gov for updates.
i am unable to post link , try googling this below to find the direct link to update
Migration (Skilling Australians Fund) Charges Bill 2017

dose anyone have any updates on when this new law will take place?

what is the usual processing time from 457 to PR ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.