Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to transfer my 457 to a new sponsor/ employer. Has anyone done this recently and can you tell me how long it took? I'm not sure if the recent 457 changes have affected processing time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
457 Transfer

I am on the same boat. The company lodged on 22nd june and havent heard yet. Already my joining date has been moved ahead for 2 weeks.Dont know if they will keep the position if it is moved further. Did you get yours?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great thanks.Let me know when you get a chance. I have been checking in VEVO and it is showing me the old TRN is still in effect so just wanted to confirm. My new employer mailed that they are waiting a confirmation so i am just keeping my fingers crossed that it gets confirmed today or tomorrow so that i can join from 17th July.
All my previous 457's ( this is my second) did not take even 2 weeks. The last one took 2 days for a new visa.When i called DIBP they confirmed that it takes 2 days for them to change the nomination but 3 weeks is a big time so i am little worried this time. Dont know if my PR application(which i lodged 4 months ago) is causing the delay.

Sorry for spaming but i am happy that atleast someone got early.

All the best for your new adventures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe best to ask them then. AFAIK, you need to prove as a company that there is a significant financial implication to the delay of processing. The dept then consider the request and decide whether or not to grant priority processing. I'm just curious as to whether or not minklet's application was so quick because it was made a priority or because he/she was just lucky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I can tell you there is definitely some luck involved, but is also dependent on your occupation and location.

I have been waiting 8 months for my new sponsor nomination to be approved, and still waiting... the recent changes to the 457 scheme has definitely impacted processing of my application, despite the fact that it is only for a new sponsor not a new visa.

Check out my thread "457 Nomination - Changes to occupation list mid-processing" for the full lowdown...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its real hard luck mate.Luckily my skillset hasn't been removed and my employer has its business approved.I think you should consult a migration agent.
The worst part is that we cannot work anywhere unless this nomination is approved. I have left my previous employer and now will start struggling if i dont get by this week or next week.

I hope you get a path soon..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like luck is definitely involved, yes. My transfer approval came through this morning, following the acceptance of the priority processing request. Really sorry to hear that your stories are less smooth, genuinely hope you get sorted soon

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't, sorry. AFAIK, the company needs to be set up as a priority sponsor, there are some thresholds around that, but I don't know if there is an additional cost to becoming a priority sponsor or prioritising sponsorships

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello people , my new employer has submitted the 457 sponsorship transfer request on 27th July 2017 & my joining date is 21st Aug 2017 , its been 2 weeks since the sponsorship transfer application has been submitted - not sure how many more days its going to take - any leads / views on my case please? getting really anxious as the joining date is near and my last day at the current employer is 18th aug !!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.