Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help please, My partner is still married to his wife and have been separated for 1.5 year. They did not inform immigration due to her menta heath issues and her not wanting this to occur as would be extra stress on her. She also cheated and treated him badly with affairs. He is going to start the process of divorce as she is doing better and ready for this and she has also moved on. I am a resident,after infkrmaimg immigration of their separation and pending divorce can he come on my visa I know this will be a process and will get a good lawyer but wondering if anyone has advice or been in this suitstuin please let me know Laura

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My partner is still married to his wife and have been separated for 1.5 year.
Have they been living in separate homes?

They did not inform immigration due to her menta heath issues and her not wanting this to occur as would be extra stress on her.
I would be worried about that. They should alert immigration to any changes in their circumstances, no matter the mental health or capacity of the applicant/sponsor.

She also cheated and treated him badly with affairs. He is going to start the process of divorce as she is doing better and ready for this and she has also moved on.
Informing the department of their change in circumstance would be a good idea.

All in all, your best bet is to seek help from a professional. There is a sticky thread with the names of all the RMA who frequent these forums. All of which are qualified and will likely be able to help with your situation. Good luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Laura

What visa is your partner on and what PR visa are you on?

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I need some help please, My partner is still married to his wife and have been separated for 1.5 year. They did not inform immigration due to her menta heath issues and her not wanting this to occur as would be extra stress on her. She also cheated and treated him badly with affairs. He is going to start the process of divorce as she is doing better and ready for this and she has also moved on. I am a resident,after infkrmaimg immigration of their separation and pending divorce can he come on my visa I know this will be a process and will get a good lawyer but wondering if anyone has advice or been in this suitstuin please let me know Laura
From what you have posted, I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent do not publish any more particulars on a public forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.