Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys :)

So my question is this.
I'm traveling from Queenstown, New Zealand (Jetstar) to Doha, Qatar (Qatar Airways). with a stopover for 8-ish hours at Sydney airport.
the tickets are not linked, they're separate, so i'll have to collect and check-in my luggages.
what kind of visa do i need to get? and since we're 7 people, can one get a visitor visa to check-in the luggages and the rest would get transit visas and stay back at the airside?
or can i collect my luggages and check them in without having to pass through immigration clearance?

Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
I am not sure about Sydney but in Brisbane you need to pass through immigration before you can collect your luggage. Therefore you would need an Australian visa - transit visa allows up to 72 hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mish!

that's what i thought in the beginning, i was planning to apply for a transit visa but when i was filling the form i've found this which is a bit confusing

"Who completes this form?
You should complete this application form if you intend to remain in Australia no longer than 72 hours and if you can establish that the principal purpose in entering Australia is:
• to pass through Australia in transit to another country (Where a 'stopover' is intended, you should apply for the appropriate visa in a visitor class instead.)"

I'm not sure if a transit visa will let me go through immigration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.