Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

I am in the process of moving to Australia with an E-visitor subclass 651with no NFS condition; then to apply for the 801 Partner visa. Been in the relationship for 4 years so I'm hoping to skip 820 and straight to 801

My understanding is shortly after lodging your application you are granted a BVA which will not come into affect after three months from when you entered Australia - this is so the E-visitor subclass 651 expires as it has 3 month stay limit, this is regardless that the multiple entry is valid for a year, you just have to complete the three months.

I guess after the three months is over and the 651 will become void then the BVA will come into affect with working rights.

My question is that while i'm waiting for the 651 to expire what are my options? can i leave the country and come back? can i apply for jobs and negotiate a start date from the beginning of when my BVA starts?

If anyone can shed any light on their experience during that 3 month transition I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Rass

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you depart prior to 3 moths, then come back, the 3 moths clock will restart form the date your last entry.

Dear Friends,

I am in the process of moving to Australia with an E-visitor subclass 651with no NFS condition; then to apply for the 801 Partner visa. Been in the relationship for 4 years so I'm hoping to skip 820 and straight to 801

My understanding is shortly after lodging your application you are granted a BVA which will not come into affect after three months from when you entered Australia - this is so the E-visitor subclass 651 expires as it has 3 month stay limit, this is regardless that the multiple entry is valid for a year, you just have to complete the three months.

I guess after the three months is over and the 651 will become void then the BVA will come into affect with working rights.

My question is that while i'm waiting for the 651 to expire what are my options? can i leave the country and come back? can i apply for jobs and negotiate a start date from the beginning of when my BVA starts?

If anyone can shed any light on their experience during that 3 month transition I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Rass

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for your comment.

Just to clarify, that if I leave before the BVA comes into affect and return; the only consequence would be the 3 months clock is re set? Would I have to apply again for the BVA?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.