Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help and information needed regarding translation of documents for Australia

Hello all,

Im new to this site, I checked a couple of threads and seen that this site can be a big help for my wife when we will be applying onshore for the partner visa 820/801.

Something about us:

Im a Australian citizen born in Australia but living in Czech Republic with my wife(#25) and daughter(9months).. Yesterday I lodged a form "Citizenship by descent" for my daughter to the UK office. After calling the office in UK regarding the translation of my daughters birth certificate from Czech to English they said that as I'm applying overseas the translator doesn't have to be accredited but can be a "professional translator" as per the statement bellow:
=======================================
Any document in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

A translator in Australia must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.

A translator outside Australia does not need to be accredited, but they must endorse the translation with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.
=======================================

That the translation is enough for them and as they are requesting to have the translation endorsed with: heir full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated. Which I have on the translation the translators CV, that she is a court translator and interpreter of state Czech Republic.

1) I need to know if its OK for me to get the documents(Birth certificates, marriage papers etc.) translated here in Czech Rep. and then when we fly over to Australia and will be lodging the partners visa application 820 onshore if they will accept the translations from a Czech translator and interpreter (Translations, interpreting(English, French, Judicial) Member of the Chamber of Court Interpreters) or not?

2) Checked the Australian websites on immigration and didn't find anything that we would need "apostle" on the translated documents, whats the truth about this? If I were to have the documents bonded and authorised and translated by a court translator would that be enough for them?

Thank you all in advance for your inputs and help!!! ;)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
We just used a approved translator in Australia.

We emailed colour scans and they emailed back, 30 odd documents took around 48 hrs. Got two quotes, one was nearly double the other.

These translations were also accepted at schools.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We just used a approved translator in Australia.

We emailed colour scans and they emailed back, 30 odd documents took around 48 hrs. Got two quotes, one was nearly double the other.

These translations were also accepted at schools.
Yeah but the price in Australia for the translation vs the one I can have here in Czech is a little bit different in $$$ way :) . So I was wondering if I can get her to endorse the translations and that would be enough?

This is what I found on the gov. pages:

"Preparing documents for online applications
All non-English documents must be translated into English. Contact the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters for a translator.
Translators outside Australia do not need to be accredited, but they must endorse the translation with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.
Scan and attach all documents (English and non-English documents) to your online application.
Your documents do not have to be certified."

So that would me that my docs would be enough translated by a Czech translator?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes it will need to be a translator provider that the Czech government would accept for similar government departments there.

So You should look up the translator approval types for Czech immigration requirements in my opinion.

The biggest problem is Case Officers at certain places have different views on how they interpret policy and requirements within the Immigration department. Your application can be processed ant any embassy in any country and you need to keep that in mind.

Even if you contact the main embassy the Czech applications are processed and get their ok on using a translator - that might not be accepted if it happens to be processed in Singapore or Bangkok as examples.

For non crucial documents I would use an approved by Czech government translators, but for crucial documents that will be required in Australia such as Birth Certificates in particular I would use the Australian approved translator even factoring in the extra cost that is actually very small when looking at the total partner visa cost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ampk thank you for your reply.

So even that the translation obtains a "notarized copy of birth certificate in English" >> "Certification Vidimus" >> "notarized copy of birth certificate in Czech" >> "Translation clause" >> "full CV of the translator, experience, qualification and endorsment of the translation" ???

How much does it normally cost for a translation of a eg. "birth certificate" in Australia?

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd also like to know aprox price of a birth certificate translation in Australia as I need to get mine translated!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.