Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the process of finishing off my prospective marriage visa. My fiance (the applicant) and I usually speak in English, however, we sometimes mix Bosnian and Albanian in our messages. We will be attaching messages with my fiance and my family members as evidence. Do we have to get our Facebook messages translated?

Also, the receipt that my fiance got for my engagement ring was in Macedonian. Do we need to get that translated too? As well as shopping receipts that we have.

Any help will be useful.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi there

All documents in another language need to be accompanied by a certified English translation. If using an Australian translator, make sure they are registered with NAATI.

I would have the facebook messages translated and receipt translated. Considering that you have to pay over $6k to apply for a prospective marriage visa, it's better not to risk a lack of information.

I would also recommend having a registered migration agent check over your application before you submit it to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Kind regards

Lisa

Principal Migration Agent (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration
e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: Please note this message is general in nature and is not intended to constitute migration or legal advice. Migration laws and policies are subject to constant change and vary depending on your circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.