Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My name is Vipin Bhatia, and i am migrating to Australia from India as a Permanent Resident working in the IT Sector.

I am wondering if when you enter Australia for the first time as a Permanent Resident do we get to carry excess baggage in the flights, i mean is there any special considerations by the airlines for the first time migrants.

Also what would be the best way to carry money and later keep transferring money from India to Australia for the purpose of using it in Australia.

Thanks,
Vipin.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi My name is Vipin Bhatia, and i am migrating to Australia from India as a Permanent Resident working in the IT Sector.

I am wondering if when you enter Australia for the first time as a Permanent Resident do we get to carry excess baggage in the flights, i mean is there any special considerations by the airlines for the first time migrants.

Also what would be the best way to carry money and later keep transferring money from India to Australia for the purpose of using it in Australia.

Thanks,
Vipin.
Some airlines do allow extra baggage with immigrants and just have a look at airline sites or enquire of the different airlines.

You should check with your Indian bank to see if your debit card is an international use one and so you'll be able to withdraw from an ATM on arrival.
Also find from them their international ID code, a SWIFT code or IBN/IBAN and then when in Australia you open an account and you'll be able to have international transfers done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.