Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm writing here to telling you my story about the travel exemption for my partner. I'm an Australian Citizen and her is actually living in Argentina. The idea was apply for the visitor visa 600, the travel exemption and then for the partner visa onshore. Today we've got rejected the exemption. We attached a lot of proofs (rent contract translated by a NAATI translator, defactor certificate by a NAATI, two tickets of a trip to Brazil, 32 photos, 4 888 declarations forms, statutory declaration signed by a justice of the peace, her personal declaration, proof of transfers between bank accounts) but we still get the reject. Any ideas about that? The only that i have in mind is a statutory declaration that i sent signed by an Argentinean Lawyer and i noticed that the person must be an Australian citizen or have some specific job in Australia. They could reject it only by a wrong document? It's frustating.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Travel exemption requests are often refused for no understandable reason. Apply again with additional information - you are basically making a mini partner visa application.

7 Posts
Payslips(duration, or type of hours worked no idea) however documents, joint bank accounts, money sent to her via Western Union to her/him, rent statement, electricity bill, anything really.

Notorised by a jp, local member, general practitioner, judge, any one in a profession that is of standards towards the community will be assessed and verified, but must be on Australian soil, a Australian Embassy in her respective countries suitable, just inform her.

But must be made on Australian soil.

What's your employment, and supportive documents outside what you also stated that you did not list.

Did you mention in your documents that you'll be doing a onshore visa in the 888 document, or letter of invitation?

Somethings should be left out for good reason, because they can incur a do not condition on the visa, not that they wouldn't do it anyways.

Plus does she have family also in Australia, are you engaged, have you been engaged in a committed relationship for more than 12 months, are you a spouse, does she have family there, because not having family there will impose a rule of thought, that's dependent on the country.

If you can get your partner to Australia under a 600 visitors visa, you can document the 3 months together spent in Australia, joint bank account, put her on the rental property, add her to everything, (and if you cannot do a on shore 800 visa due to the visitors visa restriction, document everything in the last month's in Australia you'll spend together towards a 100 visa offshore when she returns) having her/him on everything will better help you later on as the immigration wants to know what joint shared interests you have as a couple.

They just want to know your commitment and devotion towards each other if it's a genuine relationship, that includes friends in Australia she will meet, family she met in Australia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Payslips(duration, or type of hours worked no idea) however documents, joint bank accounts, money sent to her via Western Union to her/him, rent statement, electricity bill, anything really.

Notorised by a jp, local member, general practitioner, judge, any one in a profession that is of standards towards the community will be assessed and verified, but must be on Australian soil, a Australian Embassy in her respective countries suitable, just inform her.

But must be made on Australian soil.

What's your employment, and supportive documents outside what you also stated that you did not list.

Did you mention in your documents that you'll be doing a onshore visa in the 888 document, or letter of invitation?

Somethings should be left out for good reason, because they can incur a do not condition on the visa, not that they wouldn't do it anyways.

Plus does she have family also in Australia, are you engaged, have you been engaged in a committed relationship for more than 12 months, are you a spouse, does she have family there, because not having family there will impose a rule of thought, that's dependent on the country.

If you can get your partner to Australia under a 600 visitors visa, you can document the 3 months together spent in Australia, joint bank account, put her on the rental property, add her to everything, (and if you cannot do a on shore 800 visa due to the visitors visa restriction, document everything in the last month's in Australia you'll spend together towards a 100 visa offshore when she returns) having her/him on everything will better help you later on as the immigration wants to know what joint shared interests you have as a couple.

They just want to know your commitment and devotion towards each other if it's a genuine relationship, that includes friends in Australia she will meet, family she met in Australia.
First of all thank you so much for all the explanation. We have been in a relationship for 10 years but in our country we don't have joint bank accounts so that is one of the problems. We have different bill services in our names with the same address and transfers between our accounts. Now we are applying for the visitor visa and the idea is to apply for the visa 820 when she arrives to Australia. We were renting an apartment overseas and she's still there. I came here 4 months ago and i have a full time work. I don't know if i need to show some proofs about that. Honestly i'm a little bit dissoriented related to this. For Homme Affairs nothing is enough and it's getting very frustating.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
We have been in a relationship for 10 years but in our country we don't have joint bank accounts so that is one of the problems. We have different bill services in our names with the same address and transfers between our accounts.
Many people don't have joint bank accounts. That should not be an issue.

The law is currently being changed for partner visas, apparently to try to cut down on the number that use a visitor visa for the purpose of getting an onshore partner visa.

There have been some issues in the past where the primary reason for going to Australia, on a visitor visa application, was stated as being to apply for an onshore partner visa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts