Australia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a kiwi living in Australia. I believe I'm on a subclass 444 visa as I've never applied for permanent residency.

I'm needing to travel to Cape Town for work and am wondering if I'm more likely to be approved if I apply for work or if I just leave for 3+ months? I can leave for 3 months if it means it will be approved.

I've seen online that 444 visas will be automatically approved for travel exemptions but I'm not sure if this is only to go back to NZ or it means I can travel into other countries?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a kiwi living in Australia. I believe I'm on a subclass 444 visa as I've never applied for permanent residency.

I'm needing to travel to Cape Town for work and am wondering if I'm more likely to be approved if I apply for work or if I just leave for 3+ months? I can leave for 3 months if it means it will be approved.

I've seen online that 444 visas will be automatically approved for travel exemptions but I'm not sure if this is only to go back to NZ or it means I can travel into other countries?

Any advice is appreciated.
If you hold a 444 visa, you do not need an exemption to leave Australia, but you should make sure that you can evidence your Australian residence properly to ensure you can return. All the details are on the Home Affairs COVID site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts