Australia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I came to Australia from overseas 3 months ago. Im an Australian citizen and my partner is current living in Argentina. We've been in a defacto partner relationship for 9 years, living together for 5 years. I have proofs like rent contract, defacto partner certificate, tickets of a trip, a lot of photos, etc. I already applied for a visa 600 for sponsor family. I tried while to apply for a travel exemption twice and i get refused. I don't know why. I called home affairs but i didn't get a precise explanation. It's very frustating, we have a lot of proof. Something similar happened to someone here? I made the statutory declaration but im not sure if the information is correct. The witness who must to sign in the statutory must be an australian? Because, she's living overseas. Thank you for your help. I hope the answer solve the problem of many people in my same situation.

Kind regards!

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Hi everyone!

I came to Australia from overseas 3 months ago. Im an Australian citizen and my partner is current living in Argentina. We've been in a defacto partner relationship for 9 years, living together for 5 years. I have proofs like rent contract, defacto partner certificate, tickets of a trip, a lot of photos, etc. I already applied for a visa 600 for sponsor family. I tried while to apply for a travel exemption twice and i get refused. I don't know why. I called home affairs but i didn't get a precise explanation. It's very frustating, we have a lot of proof. Something similar happened to someone here? I made the statutory declaration but im not sure if the information is correct. The witness who must to sign in the statutory must be an australian? Because, she's living overseas. Thank you for your help. I hope the answer solve the problem of many people in my same situation.

Kind regards!
I have read of some who were refused 15 times before being granted an exemption. Many have tried multiple times.

Some only granted after getting a migration agent to check the submission. With so many applications and so few grants available, the application must be spot on.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
I don't know if i applied for the correct visa. The 600 sponsor family is the correct one?. And what is going to happend after the exemption will no longer required.

Thank you!
Have you considered applying for a partner visa, then a visitor visa with the exemption request.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you considered applying for a partner visa, then a visitor visa with the exemption request.
Yes but can i do it on reverse? Apply for the visitor visa and travel exemption and after that apply for the partner visa?

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Yes but can i do it on reverse? Apply for the visitor visa and travel exemption and after that apply for the partner visa?
My thinking is that by applying for the partner visa, it may be easier to get an exemption, and a visitor visa.

Too many people are experiencing multiple travel ban exemption refusals. You have to find a way to be better qualified than all the other applicants.

In the first 5 months of 2021, about 77% of Inbound Travel Exemption applications were refused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts