Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am currently on Bridging visa A to PR, 186 sponsored by my work (Applied in July 2021).

Its been 3 years since I visited my home, in India. I was supposed to get married in June 2020 which got postponed since i was unable to travel. At this point I am just very homesick, with Anxiety and depression issues.

I am fully vaccinated and so is my family incl my fiancé and his family.

I would like to apply for Bridging Visa B to go back home for 2-3 months. My workplace has agreed to provide me the leave acceptance letter.

But would immigration accept my Bridging Visa B Application? and eventually provide me an exemption to travel inward?

How to approach this?

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Hi, I am currently on Bridging visa A to PR, 186 sponsored by my work (Applied in July 2021).

Its been 3 years since I visited my home, in India. I was supposed to get married in June 2020 which got postponed since i was unable to travel. At this point I am just very homesick, with Anxiety and depression issues.

I am fully vaccinated and so is my family incl my fiancé and his family.

I would like to apply for Bridging Visa B to go back home for 2-3 months. My workplace has agreed to provide me the leave acceptance letter.

But would immigration accept my Bridging Visa B Application? and eventually provide me an exemption to travel inward?

How to approach this?
You are allowed to leave, but I would anticipate problems in getting back.

One problem might be getting a flight, but the issue on getting a return travel exemption may not look too good, depending on your occupation.

From Freedom of Information requests:

In the first 5 months of 2021, about 77% of Inbound Travel Exemption applications were refused.

Travel exemptions on compassionate grounds would normally be granted to partners of Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.

I have seen two sets of figures for reasons for a Travel ban Exemption, at different times.

Compelling and Compassionate Reasons:
3,630 granted.
35,303 refused.

and

Only 7.32% of Travel ban Exemptions were granted under Compassionate grounds whereas 35.8% were granted under Critical Skill grounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts