Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

My partner was granted the 820 visa. We have submitted the 801 application.

To celebrate we will be travelling overseas next month for one month and need to buy travel insurance. I want to make sure he is eligible under the following policy wording:

To be eligible for this Policy, You must be:
(a) an Australian citizen or permanent resident
(b) a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident who resides in
Australia; or
(c) on a visa or permit which allows You access to all publicly funded
health and disability services in Australia and is valid until after Your
End Date of Insurance.

He is the holder of a blue medicare card which is valid until next year so I believe that he does have access to public health insurance in Aus.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yes, he meets requirement c. I had travel insurance when we traveled to the US. I'm on an 820 visa.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks LadyRogueRayne.

Hopefully you didn't have to make any claims but if you have can you please let me know if it was a smooth process or not?

Thanks
No, I didn't have to make a claim, so I can't answer that. Had no issues getting the insurance though, as it was part of my travel credit card that I got through my bank here in Aus.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I didn't have to make a claim, so I can't answer that. Had no issues getting the insurance though, as it was part of my travel credit card that I got through my bank here in Aus.
Ah ok. Yes I understand that buying travel insurance is no problem. The issues arise when you need to make a claim and the insurance companies dig through all their policy wording to avoid paying.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Thanks LadyRogueRayne.

Hopefully you didn't have to make any claims but if you have can you please let me know if it was a smooth process or not?

Thanks
It all depends on the insurance company regardless of if you are a citizen/TR/PR etc.

I am a citizen and use complimentary travel insurance with my credit card. Zurich were awful! However, they now use Allianz and they were fantastic! It was a medical claim and they even emailed me to see how I was feeling 😀

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.