Australia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am on bridging visa C for processing partner visa 820 and I need to leave australia for finishing my Phd. However it's mentioned on immigration site that BVC can't apply BVB to travel. I applied for BVB because the option was on my profile but I'm not sure if I will be granted or not. I was wondering what's any other option for me now? for example should I apply for a tourist visa in Australia or leave Australia without getting BVB.
Can you suggest me anything, please?
Thank you

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Hi,
I am on bridging visa C for processing partner visa 820 and I need to leave australia for finishing my Phd. However it's mentioned on immigration site that BVC can't apply BVB to travel. I applied for BVB because the option was on my profile but I'm not sure if I will be granted or not. I was wondering what's any other option for me now? for example should I apply for a tourist visa in Australia or leave Australia without getting BVB.
Thank you
You probably need to ask for special permission.

I have read this:

Subclass 030 or the Bridging visa C does not come with any travel rights, nor is an applicant allowed to apply for a subclass 020 or the Bridging visa B to avail travelling rights.

A Bridging visa C holder can not leave Australia on this visa; in case a necessity arises, the applicant will be required to contact the Department for the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably need to ask for special permission.

I have read this:

Subclass 030 or the Bridging visa C does not come with any travel rights, nor is an applicant allowed to apply for a subclass 020 or the Bridging visa B to avail travelling rights.

A Bridging visa C holder can not leave Australia on this visa; in case a necessity arises, the applicant will be required to contact the Department for the same.
Thank you for your quick response.
Do you know any way I can contact them, please? I called them and it was not much help. I couldn't find any email address regarding travel permission or BVB.
Thank you

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Thank you for your quick response.
Do you know any way I can contact them, please? I called them and it was not much help. I couldn't find any email address regarding travel permission or BVB.
Thank you
Do you have any contact emails on your current or previous visas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any contact emails on your current or previous visas?
I got an email for my previous visa 408 which the email address was a general one for 408 visas. For under process partner visa 820 I didn't get anything.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Hi,
Thank you
I recommend you get some professional advice to work out the best course of action in your circumstances.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as I know, to leave Australia for a specific purpose related to work or study, there is no need to obtain another type of visa. But I could be wrong. You really should contact a consultant on these issues. I just remember that when my friend moved from Australia, he needed to get some documents, but it wasn't a visa. He was more worried about who would transport his things. Found a good company in the end; Get More Information here if you're interested. If you want, I can give you my friend's contacts and ask him. Good luck! I hope you will succeed.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
As far as I know, to leave Australia for a specific purpose related to work or study, there is no need to obtain another type of visa.
They would need a relevant visa to be able to return to Australia.

Bridging visa C does not come with any travel rights, they can leave but not come back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
Thank you
Hi,
Thank you
Hi, I was in same situation about 2 years ago.
I was on BridgingvisaC for partner visa and my family was critical situation at the moment.
Then, I asked to Immigration if it‘s possible to leave Australia for while to visit my family.
However, they told me it’s not possible to leave because I had BVC even if I have on serious situation.
I also asked professional support, however there was no other options..
then, my family had gone and I tried to attend to funeral for him, but I couldn’t.
So I know it’a pretty frustrating for you..but only thing you can do is you have to wait till your visa is ready.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts