Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anyone know if I am able to return to Australia while my pmv is pending? I would only be going for a week or two. And if so, what is the process? Do I need to inform the governmentgovernment oreally just apply for a tourist visa? Thanks, Emilie

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If you have valid travel rights it's fine.

Just remember if you apply for another substansative visa, the last one granted is the one you will be on.

ie: PMV granted 15 march 2018 - Tourist granted 16 march 2018 - you would be on a tourist visa and lost your PMV and would have to reapply and pay and wait again. Make sure you cancel any other visa apps immediatly if your PMV is granted

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Hi all, does anyone know if I am able to return to Australia while my pmv is pending? I would only be going for a week or two. And if so, what is the process? Do I need to inform the governmentgovernment oreally just apply for a tourist visa? Thanks, Emilie
We applied for, and were granted, a 600 Visitor visa about 2 months after applying for the PMV.

You do need to get that visitor visa...

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Upload to your PMV immiaccount a letter to your "Dear Case Officer" your intended travel itinerary about to appy for a Visitor Visa and say you will again advise them of arrival in Australia and departure from Australia when applicable.

They may just grant the PMV if police and medicals are done, if not it seems the Visitor and Partner sections communicate in grants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.