Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My girlfriend has applied for her partner visa and is on a Bridging Visa A (BVA). We know that to travel, we need a Bridging Visa B (BVB).

We've booked a couple of holidays (couldn't resist the cheap flights) for late March (leaving the 19th) and late May (returning on June 2nd).

1) I understand that a BVB is likely to be granted for 3 months. If so, does that allow two trips to be taken - that is, two separate re-entries to Australia - on the same BVB?

2) Does the BVB kick in when you leave Australia, when you submit your application, or when it is granted? I need to work out when the best time to apply is :)

Many thanks to anyone who can assist!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
When you apply for the BVB you tell the Department when you are travelling. You submit a letter telling them when you wish to travel an why. There is a good chance they will grant a BVB covering both holidays.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Can I ask something? We ( Me and my family ) applied ( 5 weeks befor travell date) BVB because we are travelling to Hungary from 13 Jun to 25 August. 9th May we got the visa but it s valid from 9 May to August 9. We asked from Jun 13 to August 25. Can we do anything? Should We apply for another BVB before we travell to qverseas? Hopefully, someone can give addvice. :) Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.