Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just been granted the fiance visa and have until the 26th August to go back to Australia and get married and apply for the temporary partner visa. We want to be in Australia within two years so we want to apply for the partner visa in Australia rather than outside.

However, I have work in the UK and was hoping to go back to Australia in April/May and get married and then leave and work in the UK until around September/October and then return to Australia. I understand I'll be on a bridging visa but not sure if it'll allow me to travel/work for that long.

Is this possible?

Thanks everyone!

Emilie

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've just been granted the fiance visa

**PMV 300

and have until the 26th August to go back to Australia and get married and apply for the temporary partner visa.

** No you need to enter Australia by 26/AUG/19

*** You need to apply for the 820 before the 9 months of the PMV grant.

We want to be in Australia within two years so we want to apply for the partner visa in Australia rather than outside.

******* Not sure what you mean here? are you talking a 309 application?

However, I have work in the UK and was hoping to go back to Australia in April/May and get married and then leave and work in the UK until around September/October and then return to Australia. I understand I'll be on a bridging visa but not sure if it'll allow me to travel/work for that long.

** A 820 will give work rights but not travel on a Bridging Visa - not sure a 309 is possible from a PMV but if it is then no Bridging Visa will be granted.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
If granted a bridging visa A , you can apply for a bridging visa B, which will allow you to travel. Both bridging visas allow you to work in Australia.

Applying for a sc. 820 from a sc. 300 will entitle you to a reduced VAC of $ 1195.00. If you were to apply offshore for a sc. 309 instead, you’d have to pay the full application fee again ( $7160.00).

Bridging visas B are granted ( or not) on a case by case basis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.