Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Australian citizen, my partner and I were recently married in Croatia, we are about to start his visa application process and were wondering if we are able to travel while waiting for the visa (not to Australia), or if we have to stay in Croatia during the process.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pretty sure you can travel without a problem. Friends of mine applied for a PR visa in Ireland and then went travelling for 3 months on their way to Australia. The visa got approved whilst they were on the road and they got it issued into the passport in Buenos Aires Argentina.

However you may want to wait until at least you've done all the medicals and sent off the police check. That could be hard to arrange from another country.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
As long as he can be contacted while travelling there's no restriction while waiting for a visa to be processed, an email address probably best and some people have even decided on travelling to Australia while awaiting a partner visa to be processed and then being prepared to take a short trip out again for a visa to be granted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.