Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! My bf sponsored my Tourist visit in Australia. But I wanna know if I can travel to Australia with only one way flight ticket? Will it cause some hassel?

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I live in Tokyo I am a resident here. I am going to Melbourne next week. Will Japan immigration ask me for a retirn ticket. Hoping for your immediate reply.

Ninja 69

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Why would u not buy a return ticket? If immigration pulls u then to them u arent a genuine tourist. Why risk it? U know u will be going home eventually so why not just choose a date and book it?
I agree with Ozzy. I wouldn't want to risk having Australian Immigration asking why a genuine tourist doesn't have a return visa.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My partner went back and forth 6 or 7 times with me as sponsor never questioned or stop in fact the last time she came into Oz only had 3 days left on her visa
I do understand there is some risk but it seems to me it is being a bit over stated

I was always prepared for the question if we were asked
Not sure what date she will leave but it will be before her visa expires
Cheers
SBM

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you Sailboatman.

If Immigration would ask me why I do not have a return ticket what is best way to say?
The truth is im not sure which date because i want meet my hi school
friends in Sydney and after that trip they might come to Melborne to see me as well. and just want to enjoy and buy a return ticket before my 3rd month stay there.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Noone knows if you will get questioned or not that is the million dollar question. If you do you are going to have a hell of a time convincing them you are a genuine tourist with no return ticket.

Just be prepared that if they do question you that they have the right to cancel your visa is they do not believe you are a genuine tourist.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thank you Sailboatman.

If Immigration would ask me why I do not have a return ticket what is best way to say?
The truth is im not sure which date because i want meet my hi school
friends in Sydney and after that trip they might come to Melborne to see me as well. and just want to enjoy and buy a return ticket before my 3rd month stay there.
U can still choose a date? If u dont have a return ticket they will have reason to believe that u wont leave. This is how people overstay and end up getting banned for 3 yrs

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also, may I ask if I will apply again for a tourist visa after it expires is there a chance that I may be given a gain a one year tourist visa? Do they approve it only once?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.