Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spouse has been working in Australia for the past 6 months on a 457 visa , I and my daughter also have the 457 visa . I am going out to visit for a month a look for work whilst in Australia, can I do this on my 457 visa or would I need a tourist visa for this :

Also when booked flight online I left a letter out of my daughters first name Grace instead of Gracie , would this cause any problems ?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Your 457 spouse visa normally allows you to enter/leave Australia but if it has been some time since it was granted and you have not used it, you may want to check with Immi that it has not lapsed for they are really intended to be used for a partner/family to accompany a 457 holder and stay with them in Australia.

Re the name letter ommission, airlines can at times be rather fastidious re having a ticket consistent with ID and it would pay for you to contact them and get it corrected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that advice , the visa was granted in May and my partner started working in August .

I did contact the Airline (Emirates) they wanted to cancel my ticket and rebook as they said it was a name change but I pointed out it was same name jjust a typing error and they said they would put a note on my booking for check in staff whatever that means ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.